Ribose (β-D-ribofuranose) is a pentose monosaccharide (simple sugar), and was first reported in 1891 by Emil Fischer. It is a C’-2 carbon epimer of the sugar D-arabinose and forms part of the backbone of RNA. Phosphorylated derivatives of ribose such as ATP and NADH are important in human metabolism.
- Ribose is used to improve athletic performance and stamina by increasing muscle energy. It has also been used to improve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, and coronary artery disease. Ribose has been used to prevent symptoms such as cramping, pain, and stiffness after exercise in people with an inherited disorder called myoadenylate deaminase deficiency (MAD) or AMP deaminase deficiency (AMPD deficiency). Ribose has also been used to improve exercise ability in people with another inherited disorder called McArdle’s disease.
- Healthcare providers sometimes give ribose intravenously (by IV) as part of an imaging procedure used to measure the extent of damaged heart muscle in people with coronary artery disease.
- Ribose has also been used intravenously in patients with MAD to prevent symptoms such as cramping, pain, and stiffness. Congestive heart failure (CHF). Early research suggests that people with congestive heart failure who take a ribose by mouth for 3 weeks have better heart function and improved quality of life.
- Ribose may have a benefit for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery. Early research shows that people who take a ribose supplement by mouth immediately before surgery have better heart function after surgery.
- Early research suggests that taking a ribose supplement by mouth can improve energy, sleep, and sense of well-being and decrease pain in people with fibromyalgia.
- Some evidence suggests that taking ribose by mouth with meals improves symptoms in people with restless leg syndrome.
Pfanstiehl Brand High Purity Low Endotoxin Ribose was developed specifically for biopharmaceutical use, to the highest quality and purity standards.
|Product Description||Product Code|
|D-Ribose, High Purity Low Endotoxin||R-112|
Available Package Sizes: 1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 50kg